Acura Dealers: Please enter the site from the iN or eMall system for dealer specific content and pricing
Product and price information are subject to change without notice.
400 Grit Stones (2 stones/felts)
Item Number: AMM621 Supplier: HENNESSY INDUSTRIES INCDescription
Replacement Part. 400 grit stones (2 stones/felts).
- Do not use a hone on engines with carbon impregnated cylinder liners like the Honda Prelude Si or 1997 Acura NSX 3.2L.
- Use only a rigid hone. Do not use a “bottle brush” or spring type hone as they don’t maintain straightness and concentricity.
- Use a 400 – 600 grit fine finishing stone to achieve a quality finish.
- Always use honing oil and maintain wetness of cylinder wall and stones.
- Scrub cylinder walls using a mixture of hot water and laundry detergent and a stiff bristle brush after honing.
- For more information, refer to the Service Manual and Service News article for Honda, December 1996 and Acura, January 1997.